Bali Sambangan trekking is not only offering you with Aling Aling Waterfall. It is also offering you with another spectacular tourist attraction package. It is exploring the beauty of Mount Batukaru. The height of this mountain is 2275 m above the sea level. It is the second highest mountain in Bali. Mount Batukaru peak is located in volcanic area at Bedugul. This mountain is no longer active. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about its volcanic activity when you are hiking at this mountain.
What Mount Batukaru has to offer?
Mount Batukaru has attractive landscape. If you go hiking at this mountain, you will have unique hiking experience in the rain forest of this mountain. Holidaying at this mountain is different from holidaying at the popular tourist resorts in Bali. Mount Batukaru is a wildlife conservation area. Therefore, it is quiet and peaceful. The management of this conservation only permits limited number of hikers to trail the trek. To have the opportunity of hiking this mountain, you must get Mount Batukaru Jungle Hiking Tour. With this tour package, you can go trekking at the scheduled time
Batukaru is the best mountain in Bali. It offers a combination of natural beauty, cultural attraction, and gorgeous scenery. Some vegetation and animals in this mountain are unique. They cannot be found at other areas. The volcanic land and rainfall make the rain forest of this mountain a great place for animals and vegetation to live. When you are hiking in this jungle, you will have a chance to see pangolins (ant eater), luwaks, macaques, and deers.
There is a temple on this mountain. It is Batukara Temple. The temple is located on the Mount Batukara’s southern slope. It is an old temple. Batukara Temple was built in the 11th century. In 1604, it was destroyed. But, it was rebuilt in 1950s. This sacred temple has interesting complex. However, some parts of the complex are not available for visitors. Batukara Temple is your first stop when you go hiking at this mountain.
Hiking in Mount Batukaru jungle
Mount Batukara trek is not very challenging. Therefore, it is perfect for beginners. The mountain may not offer enough challenge for experienced hikers. However, its scenery can amaze both beginners and experienced hikers.
If you want to enjoy a beautiful sunrise from the top of a mountain, you must go hiking at nights. If you prefer to go hiking in the daylight, you will be presented with other gorgeous scenery. At the peak of Mount Batukara, you will see Mount Agung, Bedugul Lake, Lombok Island, and Java Island.
Cost : USD $ 95/ Person with minimum 2 persons
Get Discount more than 3 Person
- Private Car for pick up and drob back
- Private Trekking Guide ( 1 Local Guide, and 1 Guide from Bali Sambangan Trekking ),
- Picnic Lunch,
- Breakfast Box,
- entrance fee to
- Jatiluwih Rice Field,
- Trek equipment, mineral water, and some local fruit during the trek.
Mount Batukaru Jungle Hiking Tour ITINERARY
- 04.15 am – Pick up from your Hotel
- 06.00 am – meet with our local Guid
- 06.15 am – Arrive at Starting Point and start the trek – during the trek, It is about 4 hours climbing to reach the top and we will also serve you with a picnic lunch during our rest in the trek. From here magnificent panorama of southern and northern Bali all are clearly seen. On the way down, we will learn a lot of plantations grow up in the tropical rain forest used for years by the local people as herbal medicine. This forest is rich with flora and fauna, that’s way many singing birds are clearly heard. This is the best trek for those who really want to escape from the crowd because a day in the jungle
- 10.15 am – Arrive at the top of the Mountain ( During the trek we will visit 4 old legend temple in the jungle
- 15.00 Pm – Arrive finishing point at Batukaru Temple
- 17.00 PM – arrive back to your hotel.